Western Region Sales Manager
LabVIEW Software Programmer
Materials & Coatings Engineer
Coating Technician-2nd Shift
Essential Job Functions:
- Purchase order mechanics
- Coordinates the execution of internal and external procurement of the Master Schedule and forecast.
- Enter new purchase orders into Epicor (MRP System), establish delivery dates, and confirm delivery dates. Maintain the accuracy of Epicor orders for purchased materials, supplies and services to meet, both production schedules and inventory objectives.
- Purchase from established and approved suppliers inventory materials, which meet engineering specifications and/or non-inventory materials in the quantities required by the production schedule or requisitions.
- Able to procure a wide range of materials including (but not limited to) molded and machined parts, packaging, optics, and electronics.
- Establish blanket and lean replenishment orders with suppliers, as appropriate, to ensure the availability of parts at the best price and delivery time.
- Supplier Assessment
- Meet or exceed objectives regarding the reduction of the cost of purchased materials and services in support of the achievement of company margin and profit goals.
- Understands and uses tools such as Purchase Price Variances (PPV), Quality Rejects, On-Time Delivery and Supplier Scorecards to continually monitor and assess supplier performance.
- Performs supplier assessments and determines suitability for use on existing or new products.
- Establish and maintain quality-oriented supplier relationships.
- Develop suppliers to achieve continuous improvement objectives (costs, quality, delivery performance, etc.)
- Negotiates contracts for materials and services for favorable costs and inventory positions.
- Must be able to assess market conditions, which may affect procurement and recommend procurement, and materials strategy changes
- Control incoming freight and handling costs.
- Support the development and implementation of Strategic and Logistics purchasing projects.
- Recommends changes in purchasing policies and procedures.
- 3- 5 years of work in Operations planning or purchasing
- Basic negotiating skills and some knowledge of contracts.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions. Problem solving capability is crucial.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, technical procedures, and drawings.
- Working knowledge of MRP and procurement systems, strategic sourcing, and supplier management experience.
WESTERN REGION SALES MANAGER
Western Region Sales Manager in North Sutton, NH
Responsible for achieving successful sales growth and increased market share in the assigned Western territory through strong regional execution of Labsphere's marketing and strategic plans, extensive customer interface to define needed solutions, and strong value based sales proposals.
-Meet or exceed targeted booking/sales quotas on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis per Labsphere's domestic sales plan.
-Generate monthly booking forecast updates within Salesforce that are complete, by end first day of fiscal month, and that achieve 90% accuracy 10 out of 12 months.
-Account Management and growth of assigned accounts within region and penetrate/develop new OEM Business within Labsphere's targeted markets.
-Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talk with customers by phone or email. Ensure existing and potential customers are served.
-Display or demonstrate product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
-Communicate on a high technical and business level with customers to identify specific needs and solutions that Labsphere can offer.
-If necessary, communicate with Corporate requesting assistance to close.
-Prepare, and submit, as required: reports of business transactions, trips, and expenses.
-Requires Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
-Requires 2 years of cross-functional experience (marketing, operations, and product management) working in a business environment in the following disciplines: product marketing, supply chain management, and procurement/purchasing. 1 year of the 2 years must also include experience in customer-facing service operations.
-Must relocate to Western Sales Region (AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MN, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, or WY).
-Domestic travel to customers required- 30%.
This position is eligible for the employee referral bonus.
For any questions or to apply email resumes to Darlene Delano, email@example.com. Refer to code HW17.
LabVIEW SOFTWARE PROGRAMMER
Our aggressive technology and new product development roadmap combined with growth in new and existing markets has resulted in the need to hire a Senior Software Engineer, based at our North Sutton, NH headquarters. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who possesses a creative/innovative persona and is interested in a challenging and highly-visible role as part of a small team.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will play a key role in the software, engineering, and new product development teams by driving the development of customer-facing applications and control systems that differentiate Labsphere in the market. You will need to bring an understanding or willingness to embrace LabVIEW as one of the tools you will use in this capacity as well as a passion for elegant design in all aspect of software development including “under the hood” processes and refined front-end graphical user interface.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of LabVIEW
- Demonstrated ability to create professional User Interfaces
- The ability to troubleshoot and debug existing code
- Familiarity with Mercurial or Git DVCS [Distributed Version Control System]
- Past experience using Python and/or additional programing languages such as C++, SQL / SQLite database utilization is also considered
Full-time second shift opening for Skilled Machinists or willing-to-be-trained machine operators with manual mill and lathe capabilities and the ability to program conversational controllers (AcuRite). This experience must include in-depth skills in CNC mill and lathe work, with a capable background using manual machines for secondary operations. Ideal candidate has High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of related experience.
MATERIALS & COATINGS ENGINEER
This role requires a creative thinker with a positive, can-do attitude that constantly drives to understand the performance of the materials and coatings and develop new materials and coatings for advanced applications.
This position requires 5+ years of engineering experience, developing materials and the associated production and application processes. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated to develop a deep understanding of the performance of reflective coatings. An understanding of materials science and/or chemistry is needed to be able to modify and create the chemical constituents required to produce a series of reflective coatings with predictable properties.
In this role, the candidate will develop and define the manufacturing process and the application procedure of the coatings which will result in consistent, high-yield products. The candidate should be driven to continuous improvement in performance, efficiency, and cost reduction, while maintaining world-class quality in the products. This role requires hands-on testing and development work, and interaction with the manufacturing technicians and testing staff.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
The Inside Sales Support Specialist is responsible for enhancing our customers' total Labsphere experience, supporting Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) achievement of sales growth plans and increased market share targets, and ensuring that the Voice of the Customer (VOC) is effectively communicated to all organizations within the factory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prospecting (marketing campaign or territory target) and Lead Qualification (customer calls, trade shows, conferences, web…etc.) - Communicate on a high technical and business level with customers to identify specific needs and solutions that Labsphere can offer.
- Generate Fast Track and Small Custom quotes, for assigned products, within 48 hours of receiving a customer’s request for quote, and support “other” quotes as requested by RSMs.
- For opportunities delegated by RSM’s to Inside Sales - Generate monthly booking forecast updates within Salesforce that are complete, by end first day of fiscal month, and that achieve 90% accuracy 10 out of 12 months.
- Resolve simple customer support requests for assigned products, or properly frame larger support issues as a case in Salesforce.com, and champion the VOC internally to ensure correct and prompt case resolution.
- For customer factory visits – Coordinate the display or demonstration of product(s), using samples or catalog, such that salable features, product advantages, and product benefits are emphasized relative to that customer’s specific needs.
- If necessary, prepare and submit reports of business transactions, trips, and expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The successful individual in this position must have:
- 0-2 years sales experience. Possess a strong interest in sales as a career path and a keen interest to learn, follow and make contributions to one or more of the following markets: Aerospace, Automotive, Analytical Instruments, Lighting, Optical & Laser.
- College Degree (4 year).
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communications.
- Extraordinarily high energy level.
- Goal- and results-oriented.
- Strong initiative and sense of urgency.
- Positive attitude, excellent time management skills, strong problem-solving skills, technical and analytical aptitude
- Availability to occasionally travel for up to five days.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University. B.S. with major in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Engineering may be helpful.
COATING TECHNICIAN-2ND SHIFT
Full-time second shift opening for Coating Technician to mask, spray coat, measure, and unmask products. Ideal candidate has High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of related experience.
Labsphere is a world leading photonics and light measurement company with a rich 35 year history. We have a strong and diverse team at our headquarters in New Hampshire as well as our remote locations which include Europe and Asia. Labsphere is always seeking new members for our team. If you have specific skills and attributes that you feel would be a good fit with what we do, and you are a US Citizen please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Labsphere is located in the beautiful Lake Sunapee region of New Hampshire. Our modern facility, nestled in the mountains, provides a unique quality of life where both winter and summer activities abound. Our location is also convenient, with easy access to the interstate system and the state capital.
We offer competitive wages, career advancement opportunities, and superb benefits for our employees, including: medical/dental, group life, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, stock purchase plan, and 401(k) retirement plan with company match. Labsphere, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration for available opportunities, please send your resume and salary history to Darlene Delano, email@example.com, or mail to: