Electrical Assembler--3 Month Temporary
LabVIEW Software Programmer
Machinist (2nd Shift)
ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLER--3 MONTH TEMPORARY
We are seeking an Electrical Assembler for a temporary, potential 3 months, work assignment. Candidates must be able build, assemble, integrate and test electrical and electronic components and assemblies. Must be able to properly select and terminate wires into electrical connectors to form wire harnesses. Must be able to do minor soldering as required. Must be able to troubleshoot work to find defects or short-circuits. May work with the integration of low and high voltage electrical and electronic components into assemblies and electrical cabinets. Will use specialized measuring and diagnostic devices to evaluate how electrical equipment is working, building or calibrating instrumentation, build electronic devices based on reading schematics, inspect for problems, replace old equipment and install new equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deductive Reasoning: Electrical technicians need to be able to look for problems in complicated electrical grids, isolate the issue and solve it.
- Logic: Electrical techs need to be able to look at electrical blueprints and scan them for issues, making sure that they work before installed.
- Manual Dexterity: Working with wires, using hand tools and handling small components requires manual dexterity.
- Math: Math is needed to analyze and create schematics.
- Observation: Electrical technicians need to be able to look at electrical grids and evaluate them for any problems, to make sure they are being installed correctly.
- Problem-Solving: Electrical techs need to be able to identify issues and make corrective measures to fix problems with electrical components.
Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of electrical/electronic work experience. Education or hobby work could be considered as a substitute for work experience.
LabVIEW SOFTWARE PROGRAMMER
Our aggressive technology and new product development roadmap combined with growth in new and existing markets has resulted in the need to hire a Senior Software Engineer, based at our North Sutton, NH headquarters. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who possesses a creative/innovative persona and is interested in a challenging and highly-visible role as part of a small team.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will play a key role in the software, engineering, and new product development teams by driving the development of customer-facing applications and control systems that differentiate Labsphere in the market. You will need to bring an understanding or willingness to embrace LabVIEW as one of the tools you will use in this capacity as well as a passion for elegant design in all aspect of software development including “under the hood” processes and refined front-end graphical user interface.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of LabVIEW
- Demonstrated ability to create professional User Interfaces
- The ability to troubleshoot and debug existing code
- Familiarity with Mercurial or Git DVCS [Distributed Version Control System]
- Past experience using Python and/or additional programing languages such as C++, SQL / SQLite database utilization is also considered
RECEIVING / INVENTORY CLERK
Labsphere is looking for a highly energetic and self-motivated person for a full-time position in our Receiving and Inventory area.
- The Receiving Clerk will be responsible for the receiving of all incoming materials, processing paperwork, and updating the system as required.
- Monitors Receiving Door to intake all deliveries.
- Unloads via Forklift, Pallet Jack, Hand Truck, or by hand.
- Removal and disposal of packaging materials during receiving and throughout the warehouse as needed.
- Verifying quantities and inspection of quality at the time of receiving.
- Cycle count inventory; adjust errors, investigate and report reason for discrepancies.
- Identify and track root causes of inventory errors and work with operations employees to solve the problems.
- Responsible for receiving coordination supporting MRB, RMAs, parts on hold in inspection, loaner transactions, repairs.
- Keeping workspace as uncluttered and organized as possible.
- Cross-trained on shipping & packing duties. Support/Backup Shipping when necessary and requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent, one year of material control (stockroom attendant, receiving, production control). Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel) and MRP software
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor to deal with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to work effectively in a multitask environment under deadlines. Must work independently and show initiative.
- Proven ability to meet challenges that lie beyond the current position description and learn to solve problems creatively.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software including the use of spreadsheets, databases, graphs and word processing.
- Ability to effectively perform all the above mentioned essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, kneel, reach, lift (up to 35 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally), sit and stand as well as talk and/or hear. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met be an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is casual, yet professional. The individual in this position will be exposed to a production/manufacturing and warehouse environments as well as a normal office environment. The noise level in the work area is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job objective is to analyze accounts and cost activities in Epicor, enter and process payroll on a bi-weekly basis, and process daily customer invoices.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- General ledger account analysis and reconciliation
- Maintain fixed assets schedule and depreciation
- File sales tax reports monthly and quarterly
- Prepare management report to analyze trends
- Submit weekly reports to our UK office for Sales & Bookings
- Process Payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Processing invoicing daily and maintaining credit limits for customers in compliance with company policy
- Prepare and submit letter of credit information for international sales processing
- Backup for the Accounts Payable function
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Eduation or Experience Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Math Skills Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Solid understanding of cost accounting and basic accounting principles.
Reasoning Ability Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
MACHINIST, 2ND SHIFT
All skill levels considered. Experienced machinists preferred, but will train on the job and assist with Machinist certificate tuition for qualified candidates.
Labsphere is a world leading photonics and light measurement company with a rich 39 year history. We have a strong and diverse team at our headquarters in New Hampshire as well as our remote locations which include Europe and Asia. Labsphere is always seeking new members for our team. If you have specific skills and attributes that you feel would be a good fit with what we do, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Labsphere is located in the beautiful Lake Sunapee region of New Hampshire, midway between the capital city of Concord and the academic hub of Dartmouth College. Our modern facility provides a unique quality of life where both winter and summer activities abound. Our location is also convenient, with easy access the Seacoast Region, the White Mountains, and Boston.
We offer competitive wages, career advancement opportunities, and great benefits for our employees, including: medical/dental/vision, group life, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) retirement plan with company match. Labsphere, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration for available opportunities, please send your resume to Darlene Delano