Machinist, All Shifts (M-TH)
MACHINIST, ALL SHIFTS
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
Second shift currently works 4 10 hour days, Mon-Thur but that is flexible to meet the needs of the right candidate.
Looking for experienced machinists to work with great products and equipment in a team environment.
The individual in this position is expected to be proficient or trainable in set-up, programming and operating machine tools specific to Labsphere’s machine shop to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts in a team environment. It is expected that this individual will be capable of working without close supervision after training, able to prioritize own work to meet customer due dates and inspect own product output to ensure quality. The individual in this position must be able to manufacture parts from blueprints and/or CAD models.
- Reads blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations, and setup and tooling requirements. Demonstrates basic set-up and thought process for sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for the lay out of subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and/or any other Labsphere machine equipment.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using the appropriate measuring equipment. Understands how, or able to learn, to use optical comparator height gauge, sine plate, indicators, micrometers, verniers, depth mics, bore gauges, etc.
- Verifies dimensions by using inspection equipment such as micrometers, verniers, gage pins pitch micrometers, etc.
- Sets up and operates machine on test run to verify accuracy of machine settings. Updates program to latest revision for pre-programmed parts as needed.
- Meets standard times on routers and reports to supervisor when deviating from standard time.
- Reports to supervisor any conflict or problem that will interrupt the flow of work in the Machine Shop work environment.
- Follows Labsphere's safety policy in the machining area.
- Confers with immediate supervisor or other machinists if supervisor is unavailable to resolve machining problems.
- Employee will be required to use Labsphere’s paperless time keeping terminal to log tome against open work orders. The employee will also be required to job on and off at breaks as well as complete transactions to transfer part to inventory or out-plant.
- Utilizing Labsphere’s continuous improvement process, employees will be required to contribute to the improvement of any and all machine shop processes.
- The employee will be required to maintain good housekeeping, safety, and organizational habits. At the end of each work shift the employee is required to clean his/her machine and the immediate floor area around the machine. Employee will be required to clean on a rotating basis with other employees, other areas of the shop and machinery that are less susceptible to chip build-up but do require less frequent cleaning. (ex. cutoff saws) All community tooling should be placed back in its proper storage location for the next person’s use.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Requirements (Education, Experience, Attributes of Successful Candidate)
- · High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree from a Technical College preferred. Previous experience in a machine shop a plus.
- · Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor to deal with internal and external contacts.
- · Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- · Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to work effectively in a multitask environment under deadlines. Must work independently and show initiative.
- · Proven ability to meet challenges that lie beyond the current position description and learn to solve problems creatively.
- · Ability to effectively perform all of the above mentioned essential job functions.
Competitive wages, great benefits!
(UMR United Healthcare, Eyemed vision, Delta dental, 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal time off, training and tuition reimbursement, free-to-you paid short and long term disability, free-to-you paid life insurance, shoe and clothing allowances, safety eyewear allowances, employer matched 401K, paid 14 weeks parental leave for men and women, monthly fitness benefit, optional Lincoln Financial supplemental insurance plans)
Come work for a growing, innovative, fast-paced company
Labsphere is a world-leading photonics and light measurement company with a rich 40+ year history. We have a strong and diverse team at our headquarters in New Hampshire as well as our remote locations which include Europe and Asia. Labsphere is always seeking new members for our team. If you have specific skills and attributes that you feel would be a good fit with what we do, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer competitive wages, career advancement opportunities, and great benefits for our employees, including medical/dental/vision, group life, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) retirement plan with company match. Labsphere, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration for available opportunities, please send your resume to Darlene Delano