Solutions & Capabilities
Automotive Light Source Calibration
For applications requiring the total output and color of the automotive lamp an integrating sphere spectrometer is used. The lamp under test is placed in the center of an integrating sphere spectrometer which collects the total spectral output of the lamp. The reading from the detection system is compared to a similar reading obtained from a calibrated reference standard lamp of known output, commonly referred to as the “comparison method”. The results of this comparison determine the measurement of the flux output of the unknown lamp. Labsphere’s Illumia® line of integrating sphere spectrophotometers are ideal for testing total spectral flux of interior and exterior automotive lamps.
Automotive lamps also require the measuring and reporting of the directionality of the emitted light. For this characterization Labsphere’s Type A and Benchtop goniophotometers are excellent for directionality control and test.
- Systems & Capabilities Related To Automotive Light Source Calibration
- Illumia®Lite Portable Light Measurement System
- Light Measurement Spheres
- Calibrated Spectral Flux Standards
- Illumia®Plus2 Lighting and LED Spectral Flux Measurement Systems