Find work that ILLUMINATES you
Come work for a growing, innovative, fast-paced company
Labsphere is a world-leading photonics and light measurement company with a rich 40+ year history. We have a strong and diverse team at our headquarters in New Hampshire as well as our remote offices in the US, Europe and Asia.
Read below some of our employees’ comments from our 2021 Engagement Survey.
Labsphere is always seeking new members for our team. If you have specific skills and attributes that you feel would be a good fit with what we do, please send your resume to email@example.com
Your feedback is valued
We have the ability to take ownership and responsibility of tasks…We have the independence and there is trust in employees to get their work done… I love that I’ve had the opportunity to implement my ideas in our business…Our company provides the freedom to do my work…I can be innovative, decisive, self confident and at the same time accountable about my actions.
Inclusive and Diverse
Labsphere has a positive culture and I enjoy collaborating/working with my colleagues…The team is like family…Labsphere has a strong brand and is a respected company which makes you proud to work here…Leadership is authentic and not autocratic…There are equal opportunities for all employees…The working environment is nice and very friendly.
Get exposure to new technologies
Our work contributes to meaningful science and positive global change…I enjoy the innovation and cooperation with my peers…Thanks to the extremely wide range of products we manufacture and sell, we get to deal with different customers involved in different applications, and that is something very valuable.
Find Works that excites you. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is especially helpful that the managers are very communicative with their own departments and make themselves available for questions or any additional training needed.
The company has a clear path on where they want to head and seem to be realistic with goals for the future of the company.
A spirit of collaboration when it comes to getting things done quickly and effectively. They have been the best people to work with in my entire career. And flexibility to work from home (even before the pandemic).
The best thing about the company is that it is comprised of a comprehensive team, good leadership, a clear vision and respect for the employees!
Customer Support Specialist
Summary: The Customer Support Specialist provides Help Desk support to Labsphere customers and the sales team. As a key member of the sales team, you will strive to create the best customer experience possible by quickly resolving customer issues and providing technical expertise on Labsphere products and technologies.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will provide critical sales and technical support through a deep understanding of Labsphere products, assisting customers in the diagnosis and resolution of product issues. You will also become a valuable resource to Labsphere global sales team as you develop strong customer relationships. In this role you will be an internal customer advocate by driving resolution of pre-sales and post-sales tasks:
- Pre-sales Support: assist customers and the sales team with your knowledge of our products and of customer applications and needs.
- Post-sales Support: your mission is to quickly triage customer issues and drive to a successful completion, either as the lead or in support of Labsphere engineering and operations groups.
The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for sales support tasks and coordinating technical tasks with Labsphere engineering and operation groups in the following areas:
- Technical Support: triage support requests to appropriate engineering and operations support personnel
- Information Requests: provide customers with the necessary product information and documentation to allow for informed an educated purchasing decision
- New Sales: develop and triage new sales opportunities which come in through the sales phone line, website, or email
- Quotes: take the lead on component and small custom quotes, and support engineering and sales managers on more complex quotes
- Support Tasks: take the lead on sales support tasks and triage/support technical support tasks coordinating with the engineering and operations groups
- Support Cases: triage and coordinate the resolution of customer issues/cases to a successful resolution
- Startup Assistance: improve the customer’s post-sale experience by assisting with first time set-up, training and use of Labsphere products
- Product Documentation: provide customers with necessary documentation to allow for proper use of Labsphere products
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the above tasks satisfactorily and want to be a part of a dynamic fast-moving sales support team. The successful candidate must also have:
- 3-10 years technical experience with a strong interest in helping customers
- Interest in complimenting your strong technical skills with commercial and customer-facing skills
- Experience in one or more of the following markets: Aerospace, Automotive, Analytical Instruments, Lighting, Optical & Laser
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills with excellent phone, verbal and written communications
- High energy level and goal/results oriented
- Strong initiative and sense of urgency
- Positive attitude, excellent time management skills, strong problem-solving skills, technical and analytical aptitude
Technical degree with a concentration in science or engineering from a technical school, college or university.
Position qualifies for a base + variable (commission) salary structure.
NPD Project Engineer
Labsphere is looking for a Project Engineer to join our fast-paced and innovative New Product Development team. The candidate will lead interdisciplinary engineering teams to successfully design, build, test, and launch new electro-opto-mechanical products which fulfill market requirements. The candidate will be responsible for managing all projects within the multi-million dollar low mix/high volume NPD portfolio, coordinating the completion of projects on time, to budget, and per market requirements from product ideation up through mass production. The candidate will oversee all aspects of projects including: scheduling resources, setting deadlines, design generation and release to operations, build and test troubleshooting, and reporting project progress across departments. There is opportunity for growth into an NPD Manager role, broader engineering leadership, and other areas within the engineering group as well as the company overall.
The successful candidate will be an ideal team player (Hungry, Humble, Smart) who can tactfully problem solve across company departments and disciplines including mechanical, electrical, optical, software, sales, marketing, purchasing, production, and quality. The right candidate will have a proven record of successfully managing third-party development teams in remote locations, and excel in a collaborative, creatively stimulating, and fast-paced design and manufacturing environment deriving satisfaction from turning innovative ideas into reality through positive influence and decisive action. Candidate must exhibit attention to detail, work efficiently, and be able to easily balance priorities across diverse projects. Knowledge of low volume custom product development, standard product development, and general technology development best practices are desirable. Additionally, the candidate should have a broad and deep understanding of manufacturing.
- Manage all project activity including scheduling/resourcing, planning, design reviews, interdepartmental liaising, project reporting, and risk management.
- Identify, engage, and manage third-party development when appropriate.
- Assist in defining project scope, involving relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Directly responsible for all engineering efforts during project execution, with heavier focus during the design phase.
- Facilitate design reviews, along with other forms of communication, to ensure proper team and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Interface with engineering leadership, engineers, vendors, sales/marketing, and internal production teams to ensure design, build, and test requirements and execution plans are understood and achieved.
- Monitor project throughout to ensure scope, schedule, and budget are known and remain on track.
- When appropriate, interface with sales and customers during project scoping and execution.
- Ensure a smooth transition from early development to mass production.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- 2-5+ years of experience leading New Product Development projects within the manufacturing sector
- Experience with Agile/iterative prototyping development
- Experience leading 3rd-party development work
- Project management experience with estimating/scoping, design management, and product verification
- Experience guiding diverse multi-disciplinary teams tasked with solving complex technical problems
- An ideal team player – Hungry, Humble, and Smart
- Embodies an entrepreneurial mindset – sense of ownership, focused self-starter, flexible, creative growth mindset
- Able to balance attention to detail with high-level strategic thinking
- Utilize strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders at various levels
- Self-motivated leader who can positively influence and drive teams
- Solid organizational skills with ability to efficiently switch between multiple tasks/projects across the workday
- Analytical thinker with strong foundation of technical problem-solving abilities
- Fluent with MS Office and project management tools
- MS in Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, or MBA
- Experience in a field utilizing light metrology and/or optical radiometry
- Experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation
- Experience with MATLAB analysis and tool development
- Experience with any of these topics a plus: Thermal Analysis, LEDs, UV/VIS/NIR applications, Remote Sensing, Light Measurement, Integrating Sphere Design, Optical Sensor Calibration, Optical System Design, Optical Laboratory Methods, and Laser Power Measurement
Machinists, All Shifts
First shift works 5 days a week, 8 hour shifts.
Second shift works 4 10 hour days, Mon-Thur,. Enjoy long weekends and less commuting time and costs. Opportunities for overtime.
Looking for machinists to work with great products and equipment in a team environment.
The individual in this position is expected to be proficient or trainable in set-up, programming and operating machine tools specific to Labsphere’s machine shop to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts in a team environment. It is expected that this individual will be capable of working without close supervision after training, able to prioritize own work to meet customer due dates and inspect own product output to ensure quality. The individual in this position must be able to manufacture parts from blueprints and/or CAD models.
- Reads blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations, and setup and tooling requirements. Demonstrates basic set-up and thought process for sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for the lay out of subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and/or any other Labsphere machine equipment.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using the appropriate measuring equipment. Understands how, or able to learn, to use optical comparator height gauge, sine plate, indicators, micrometers, verniers, depth mics, bore gauges, etc.
- Verifies dimensions by using inspection equipment such as micrometers, verniers, gage pins pitch micrometers, etc.
- Sets up and operates machine on test run to verify accuracy of machine settings. Updates program to latest revision for pre-programmed parts as needed.
- Meets standard times on routers and reports to supervisor when deviating from standard time.
- Reports to supervisor any conflict or problem that will interrupt the flow of work in the Machine Shop work environment.
- Follows Labsphere’s safety policy in the machining area.
- Confers with immediate supervisor or other machinists if supervisor is unavailable to resolve machining problems.
- Employee will be required to use Labsphere’s paperless time keeping terminal to log tome against open work orders. The employee will also be required to job on and off at breaks as well as complete transactions to transfer part to inventory or out-plant.
- Utilizing Labsphere’s continuous improvement process, employees will be required to contribute to the improvement of any and all machine shop processes.
- The employee will be required to maintain good housekeeping, safety, and organizational habits. At the end of each work shift the employee is required to clean his/her machine and the immediate floor area around the machine. Employee will be required to clean on a rotating basis with other employees, other areas of the shop and machinery that are less susceptible to chip build-up but do require less frequent cleaning. (ex. cutoff saws) All community tooling should be placed back in its proper storage location for the next person’s use.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Requirements (Education, Experience, Attributes of Successful Candidate)
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree from a Technical College preferred. Previous experience in a machine shop a plus.
- Ability to work independently from a set of instructions.
- Ability to effectively perform all of the above mentioned essential job functions.
Coatings & Materials Engineer
Summary: Are you ready to develop the next generation of optical coatings and materials for a wide range of applications and emerging industries? Join Labsphere in this role which offers the chance to develop products, processes, and your own laboratory and team.
Role: In this role, the candidate will develop and define the manufacturing process and the application procedure of the coatings and materials which will result in consistent, high-yield products. The candidate should be driven to continuous improvement in performance, efficiency, and cost reduction, while maintaining world-class quality in the products. This role requires a high degree of hands-on testing and development work, and interaction with the manufacturing technicians and testing staff.
Qualifications: This position requires a creative thinker with a positive, can-do attitude that constantly drives to understand the performance of the materials and develop new materials for advanced applications. This position requires 5+ years of engineering experience, developing materials and the associated production and application processes. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated to develop a deep understanding of the performance of reflective coatings including PTFE and BaSO4 based materials. An understanding of materials science, materials processing, process engineering, and/or chemistry is needed to be able to modify and create the chemical constituents required to produce a series of reflective coatings with predictable properties.
Education: BS/MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry
UMR / United Healthcare HRA, HSA, PPO
Dental and Vision
Delta Dental and Eyemed vision
Parental Leave for Both Parents
14 weeks fully paid leave for men and women
Paid Time Off
Holidays, Vacation, Personal Days
Company Paid Life Insurance
Options to purchase spouse/child coverage
Company Paid Disability
Short and long term coverage, free to you
Stay healthy, earn $$$
401K Matching & Profit Sharing
We contribute to your financial planning
Develop your skills, we’ll pay